Click here to register for the Spin Off. A new browser window for you to complete your registration.
SPIN OFF JUDGE
Roo Kline is an alpaca fiber artist from Huntsville, AL and gives seminars and workshops on alpaca fiber.
RULES + RESTRICTIONS
- All entries must be postmarked by 1/27/2017. Entries must be from fleeces shorn within 380 days (on or after April 14, 2016) of the show entry deadline
- Entries are subject to the exhibitor rule limited to three entries per owner/farm/entity, per breed type, per age division, per color designation
- Send 2 ounces of unwashed prime blanket fiber in a clear plastic zip type bag. Weigh carefully. Entries will be marked down if they do not contain a full 2 ounces. DO NOT MARK ON THE BAG
- Enclose completed copy of the Entry Tag in each bag along with color photograph of the alpaca
- Samples may be picked up at the show on Sunday. If you want your sample(s) and ribbons mailed back to you, include fee of $8.00 extra (only one fee, not per entry)
- Each sample will be judged by AOA rules for Handcrafter’s Spin-off, including first impression, staple length, cleanliness, lack of second cuts, lack of medullated fiber, lock structure/staple architecture, ease of preparation, uniformity, fineness, ease of spinning, luster/brightness
- Fiber that is unsound, felted, contains tender breaks, mats and/or excessive debris will be discounted appropriately; if the fiber is less than 3” in staple length, exceeds the maximum length, or exhibits parasitic infestation it will be disqualified. The reason for disqualification shall be noted on the score card and the Judge’s work sheet
- RIBBONS: 1st through 4th, Judge’s Choice Suri, Judges Choice Huacaya, High Points Suri, High Points Huacaya
- AOA and the Wisconsin Alpaca & Fiber Fest assume no liability for samples entered in the show
- Management reserves the right to combine classes if there are less than three entries in a given class
- QUESTIONS: Call Chris Rogers 920-337-0646, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SPIN OFF REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
On-Line Registration for the Spin-Off Competition opens November 1, 2016, and closes January 20, 2017. Register by logging into the Wisconsin Alpaca & Fiber Fest at www.alpacareg.com . Be sure to follow all the steps to complete your registration. You will get an email invoice upon completion of your registration.
Mail the following to Tom Olson by January 20, 2017:
- Check made payable to the Wisconsin Alpaca and Fiber Fest ($35 per entry, $8 to mail back entries. Note: AOA show division membership saves you $80).
- Owner of Record Form, if needed
- Copy of ARI registration certificate(s) (No Pending will be accepted)
2454 Gaston Road
Cottage Grove WI 53527-9763
Mail the following to Christine Rogers. She must receive entries by January 30, 2017:
- 2 oz. fiber sample, WEIGH CAREFULLY
- Color photo of alpaca (3 ½ X 5 or 4 X 6)
- Spin-Off tag
4451 Whisper Lane
De Pere, WI 54115
No registration is complete until all required forms and payment are received.