Fleece judging will be conducted (per AOA Show Division rules) on Friday, April 28, 2017 during which time the fleece area will be closed. Judging will begin at 9:00 a.m.
The judged fleeces will be available in the display area for viewing at the end of the judging. All entries must be preregistered at www.alpacareg.com. Online registration for the Fleece Show opens February 1, 2017 and ends April 1, 2017. Payment and all forms must be postmarked no later than April 3, 2017. Required forms include a copy of the Alpaca Registry, Inc. (ARI) certificate (no pending registrations will be accepted), Owner of Record form (if applicable), and a 2017 Mandatory Exhibitor Disclosure form.
Wisconsin Alpaca and Fiber Fest is teaming up with the MOPACA show to provide transport of your fleeces between shows for FREE!
If you are interested in showing your fleece(s) in both shows, register now! You must register separately for each show. When registering your fleeces on the MOPACA site you will have the opportunity to indicate there that you want them to be transported to the WISAFF show. REMEMBER: Add your WISAFF fleece tags for each fleece before sending them to the MOPACA show. Their show staff will make sure the tags stay with the appropriate fleeces before they are sent to the WISAFF staff. If there are any questions pertaining to this process, please call me at 920-321-6179.
For those Wisconsin farms that are entering a fleece in the MOPACA show, transportation is being offered by Don Payne. If you choose to send your fleeces to Don, they MUST arrive by March 17th. If you wish to drop your fleeces off at Don’s farm, that is fine also. Regardless of how you get them there, fleeces must be clearly marked and bagged. It is preferred that they are boxed, so as to take less space. Don’s address is: W3703 Oak Lawn Road, Iron Ridge, WI, 53035.
Awards for Best Prepared and First Time Exhibitor
Special Awards: Judges Choice (if minimums met), Best Hand, Best Brightness Huacaya, Best Luster Suri, Best Crimp Huacaya, Best Lock Formation Suri.
The entry fee per fleece will be $35.00. Every 4th fleece entered from the same farm is FREE!
Please note that rules are subject to change; be sure to check the current AOA Show Division Handbook for the most up to date information.
- Fleeces must be shorn on or after April 13, 2016.
- Fleece should be prepared by skirting per AOA instructions.
- Fleece entries must be in clear plastic bags, 1 ml thickness or less, approximately 30 gallon size. There should be no markings of any kind on the bags
- Download and complete the Exhibitor Disclosure Form which is part of the show’s required entry information.
- Online fleece entry at www.alpacareg.com must be completed by April 1.
- Paperwork and payment must be postmarked by April 3 or it will be considered late and subject to a $25 late fee.
- Fleeces must be postmarked no later than April 16.
- Fleece return shipping is $10 for one fleece, $15 for two, $20 for three, etc. and is to be included with registration payment. Prepaid mailing labels are encouraged to save you money.
- All entries must be accompanied by two copies of the ARI certificate and a Certificate of the Owner of Record for Show Entry Form, if applicable
Mail your payment and all required forms by April 3, 2016 to:
Tom Olson, WisAFF Treasurer at 2454 Gaston Road, Cottage Grove WI 53527. Your check is to be made payable to the Wisconsin Alpaca & Fiber Fest (WisAFF).
Les Green, WisAFF Fleece Show Superintendent, 369 Meadowview Road, Cecil, WI 54111. Cell phone: 920-321-6179. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail Fleece and fleece tag (from www.alpacareg.com site) postmarked by April 16, 2017 to:
Hums of Faith Suri Alpaca Farm, 6192 Van Hulle Ln., Oconto, WI 54153. Any fleece related questions should still be directed towards Les Green, 920-321-6179.
If you wish to hand-deliver your fleece entry, it must be checked in with the Fleece Show Superintendent at the Washington County Fairgrounds no later than 3:00 PM on Thursday, April 27 to be included in the judging. The completed fleece tag should be placed in the fleece entry bag . All registrations must be completed and all forms and payment must be received by the stated deadlines indicated earlier in this section.